When last we left our cheftestants, they were on their way to NYC, because filming in LA is expensive. To celebrate we are treated at the top of the episode to a montage of New York City. Because, you know, we just don’t see enough of those in entertainment.
And then there were six, in Grand Central Station.
Each contestant gets a postcard of an iconic NYC location, which they have to make a dish in reference to, and have that dish tell the story of said iconic NYC location. 20minutes to shop for 6 guests, 45minutes to prepare. The locations are chosen blindly by number, and are as follows:
- Anne: Picks No4, gets Central Park
- Elizabeth: Picks No5, gets Statue of Liberty**
- Marcus: Picks No2, gets Broadway
- Alex: Picks No1, gets Empire State Building
- Geoffrey: Picks No6, gets Times Square
Michael…as the winner of last week, he can choose any of the other’s cards, or take the last one. He chooses to take Elizabeth’s Statue of Liberty, which leaves her with the last card. So
- Michael: Picks Statue of Liberty
- Elizabeth: left with No3, gets Brooklyn Bridge.
Alton Brown’s Quote of the Week: “Careful on the stairs, chefs. Speed kills.”